Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Swedish callsign

When I moved to Sweden I used callsing SM7/UR4UJS (prefix of district and my home call). But this works only for one year, so if you plan to stay longer then it's time to obtain local callsign. According to information on this applies primarily to a) foreign nationals who have moved to Sweden, either permanently or bought second home here, or b) people who working here for a long time. No worries! Same rules (assigning callsign and applicaton fee) as for Swedish citizens will be applied to you.

General criteria:
  1. must have a valid certificate from their homeland. 
  2. must have an address in Sweden. 
  3. to prove your identity (ID card or passport).
Radio amateurs from CEPT countries: Within CEPT obey similar rules for amateur radio operations, and it has significantly made it easier for amateur radio operators who want to work from other CEPT countries. So no new exams to be done, just provide a copy of your CEPT license and docs listed above. Current list of CEPT countries is available on the Internet.. Fee must be paid before signal distributed.

Radio amateurs from outside CEPT: If your country is not in the list of CEPT countries, then you have to send your home license to the Registry. The responsible officer must approve the document and copy retained by SSA. Then, if the identity is confirmed and you have an address in Sweden and paid application fee - call sign will be awarded. The officer should ensure that the applicant Certificate class corresponding CEPT requirements.

You will find more information at 
Contact person for call registration - Eric Lund SM6JSM

No comments:

Post a Comment